Marie Stopes Tanzania (MST), a local Non-Governmental Organization, is a social enterprise and a leading provider of family planning, sexual and reproductive health care and allied services. MST is a partner of the Government of Tanzania and a member of the Marie Stopes International (MSI) Global Partnership, which operates in over 37 countries worldwide. MST’s mission is that all women and men in Tanzania will have “Children by Choice, Not Chance”.
We are looking for an active & qualified individual for the following role:
ADVOCACY & MARKETING MANAGER- Dar es Salaam
The Advocacy and Marketing Manager (A&M) heads the MST Advocacy and marketing activities and also provides the Executive Management Team with support, advice and guidance on corporate and policy issues, including the production of corporate annual business plans. As head of Advocacy and Marketing, the A&M Manager is responsible
for managing a cross-cutting team of communication specialists in delivering: information and awareness campaigns and initiatives about contraception and other sexual and reproductive health services; advocacy strategies; media engagement; online communication strategy; brand management; donor relations strategy and internal communications. External communications responsibilities also include a focus on reaching young Tanzanians with information and services about reproductive healthcare.
Among the Key Responsibilities:
- Working closely with the Director of Sales and Marketing and the Executive Team to develop annual business plans to guide corporate growth and development
- Working closely with Human Resources Team to lead or support key internal communications initiatives for the implementation of corporate priorities across teams
- Develop and commission radio,TV, online and other content to achieve clearly defined behaviour change, advocacy and promotional outcomes according to both project requirements and MST strategic goals
- Overseeing and supporting the relationship with journalists, identifying and managing strategic media relationships and overseeing the implementation of a public relations strategy to ensure frequent positive coverage in all forms of media for MST and the importance of reproductive health care, including a lead role in drafting of press releases
- Oversee the development of organizational decisionmaker centric messaging on key issues. Ensuring that MST speakers/presenters at events are fully briefed and deliver speeches that support behaviour change and advocacy objectives, often by playing a lead role in speech writing
- Oversee and develop MST positions on key issues and messaging for external audiences
- Represent MST in external fora to promote brand visibility, and influence advocacy issues
- Overseeing and supporting the Youth Mobilisation Officer/s to deliver effective new initiatives to reach young people with reproductive health information and services at scale and to meet obligations to donors in serving youth
- Overseeing and supporting the development and implementation of brand management strategy through the media, advertising and production of attractive and informative branding materials
- Working with Social Marketing team to ensure that all social marketing operations are consistent with MST branding strategy and are supported by successful marketing strategies.
- Masters Degree in Mass Communication/ Business Administration/ Social Science or related field from a reputable institution.
Skills and Experience:
- At least five years of previous experience in a professional communications capacity (including advocacy, brand management, internal communications, media relations or fundraising)
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of how to successfully communicate and engage with the public
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of the NGO and donor sector with successful track record of fund raising, preferably within the health sector
- Previous experience or knowledge of working for SRHR will be an added advantage
- Previous experience of managing or coordinating corporate change
- At least 3 years of experience in managing a team or small organisation
- Strong planning and management skills
- Advanced persuasive communication skills – both written and verbal — in English and also in Kiswahili
- Advanced analytical skills.
Mode of Application:
If you feel that you are able to meet the requirements, and you are motivated enough to be part of the team, please send your application CV and Cover letter by email detailing your suitability and why you are interested in the post, to the address below:
Director of Human Resources and Administration
Marie Stopes Tanzania
11 Kinyonga Street – Mwenge
P. O. Box 7072, Dar Es Salaam.
Telephone: +255 22 2774991 / 4
VOIP +255 768 987 780
Closing date: All applications should reach the addressee before Sunday February 09, 2020.
Only short- listed candidates will be contacted.