Senior Manager Security
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below::
Position: Senior Manager Security
Job Number: GGM-2020-XAP-01.
Number of Positions: 01.
Works For: Managing Director.
Qualifications: Bachelor Degree in Criminal Justice, Security/Risk Management, Industrial Security or Military Studies.
Experience: Minimum often (10) years of managerial experience within the security, military or law enforcement community.
Purpose of the Role: Provide a strategic framework for the security operations and integrate the objectives of security with other function and service areas, ensuring that long-term objectives are clarified and resourced within the context of achieving Company goals.
Main or Key Accountabilities
The Senior Manager Security is accountable for:
- Asset protection systems’ management and development
- Supporting the AGA Security function in deploying corporate initiatives and strategies relating to information gathering, analysis and management at Geita and ensuring the recording and reporting of security events to the senior management and AGA regional office occurs in a timely and accurate manner
- Providing a secure environment for the conduct of the mines activities and security of its assets by developing good relationships with the district and local authorities and communities
- Developing and implementing loss control procedures evaluating conditions and determining corrective actions for protection of gold
- Formulating risk identification and mitigation strategies for the identified security risks around GGML assets and people
- Conducting ongoing compliance audits across GGML site to ensure security standards are being applied in the workplace
- Monitoring and preventing land encroachment by external individuals to GGML mining lease
- Investigating all criminal and corrupt activity against GGML personnel and property site wide
- Working closely with the Regional Security Manager (Africa) in ensuring that information is received and analysed with the aim of protecting GGML’s people and assets in Tanzania operation
- Maintain liaison with regional police, local government, community and village groups and representatives for crime management in the area
- Maintain the highest standards of discipline, integrity and confidentiality expected from the AGA security function
- Development and training of a capable security personnel operating within GGML/AGA security policy framework
- Management and control of approved budget in your area of accountability.
- The accountability for the outputs and working behaviours of your subordinates.
- The accountability to build and sustain a team of subordinates capable of producing those outputs.
- The accountability for exercising effective managerial leadership (including exercising the Managerial Leadership Practices outlined below).
As the role holder, you have the following authorities in relation to your immediate subordinates.
- The authority to veto the appointment of a proposed new subordinate.
- The authority to assign tasks to a subordinate.
- The authority to review, recognize and recommend reward for the performance of a subordinate.
Sound verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills in English Knowledge and application of industry legislation and compliance to local regulatory bodies
Understanding of host government public security forces and their roles when providing assistance.
Strong leadership skills to sustain morale and successfully develop team.
High-quality analytical skills, strategic thinking and risk management.
Thorough understanding of the mining and processing environments that enables and supports the proactive identification of vulnerabilities.
Sound understanding and skills in terms of business focused security solutions that are practical and innovative.
Mode of Application:
Application cover letter (Subject should be: Senior Manager Security and/or quote the job number), detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees, to be forwarded to below address.
You will be required to bring original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
Senior Manager Human Resources,
Geita Gold Mining Ltd,
P.O. Box 532,
NB: Internal applicants may submit applications to departmental Senior Officer Human Resource. All internal applications must be endorsed by the applicant’s head of department.
Application Deadline: Application letters should reach the above on or before 21 “February 2020. 17hr30. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews