Financial Controller at EFTA February, 2020
EFTA offers an innovative equipment leasing product to create access to finance to small businesses and farmers in Tanzania. EFTA’s product focuses on customers with limited collateral whose needs are not well served by commercial banks.The Tanzanian economy is growing significantly and EFTA is playing its part by helping to create jobs in SMEs and improving their business productivity through provision of high quality machinery. EFTA is expanding rapidly across Tanzania and is receiving international attention for its financial leasing model, winning a variety of international awards, including financial innovation awards from the G-20. EFTA also recently featured in the Economist, identified as a leader in financial solutions to small and medium sized enterprises in Africa. EFTA’s management team is made up of professionals from a variety of backgrounds, including the UN’s Food and Agricultural Organization (FAO), KPMG, Kiva and Barlays as well as an investment team with experience from the largest banks in Tanzania.
With our HQ in Moshi, we have branches in Dar, Mwanza, Arusha, Mbeya, Dodoma, Morogoro and Bukoba. Job
The Financial Controller will lead EFTA’s finance team; management of day-to-day finances including compliance in tax matters, preparation of accounts and annual budgets; preparation of external reporting to key stakeholders, including EFTA’s board of directors, regulators and external investors; daily cash management, the payroll process and treasury duties; development of the accounting system and support the ongoing maintenance of internal controls.
- Must have an undergraduate degree, upper second class, preferably in accounting and/or finance and/or economics.
- Chartered Accountant / Certified Public Accountant a plus
- Should be very well versed in MS Excel and accounting packages
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment, and work independently with a high level of project ownership
- Excellent attention to detail and willingness to support at all levels to get the job done
- Experience managing staff and enhancing team performance
- Five to seven years of experience in accounting
- Big 4 experience a plus; familiarity with fund reporting also a plus
Send a cover letter and your CV to email@example.com with the subject “FC Vacancy” by 20th February 2020.