Project Manager at VSO February, 2020
|Location:||Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania|
|Salary:||Annual Salary Maximum of 50,000,000/=Tshs.|
|Full Time:||35 hours per week|
|Application Closing Date:||12 Mar 2020|
|Start date:||April 2020|
Job Opportunity at VSO Tanzania VSO is the world’s leading international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. Working in 24 countries around the world, our unique role in international development is to place committed volunteers with carefully selected organisations where their skills can have the greatest impact. Our extraordinary volunteers live and work in some of the world’s poorest communities. Sharing their unique skills and experience to generate new ideas and new ways of doing things, helping the communities they work in lift themselves out of poverty. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change, that will impact generations to come. Join us and help us work towards our vision of a world without poverty.
Provide management, coordination and direction to the livelihoods programmes areas (i.e. Employability and Enterprise; Inclusive Enterprise Development and Rural Livelihoods). This includes volunteer recruitment and management; managing human resource, managing partners and stakeholders relationships; project deliverable; financial management, reporting and networking. If you are passionate about making a positive change for the most marginalized you are the ideal candidate!
Skills, qualifications and experience
Bachelor’s degree in Development studies, Business Administration or other equivalent experience
• Minimum of 4 years relevant experience of managing development projects, ideally, in Livelihoods.
• Demonstrated experience of applying project cycle management practices at a project or community level
• Demonstrated success at networking and partnership development
• Proven experience in financial management, including budgeting, monitoring and managing expenditure
• Proven ability to manage, develop and motivate others within a team
• Demonstrated ability at successfully monitoring and evaluating projects
• Evidence of leadership skills including handling complex situations to an effective conclusion.
• Oral and written fluency in English, with confidence in communicating to a wide range of audiences
• IT literate (Microsoft packages)
• Self-motivated, ability to use own initiative, flexibility.
• Excellent coordination and planning skills with experience of working under pressure. Time management skills.
• Practical experience gained within an volunteering NGO context
• Commitment to VSO’s work and values
• Experience and knowledge of project location
Competencies and Behaviour
- Job Opportunities at The Open University of Tanzania (OUT)
- Job opportunities at Vodacom Tanzania
- Job opportunities at CRDB Bank Plc
- Job opportunities at Plan International Morogoro
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
• Ability to be open minded and respectful
• Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
• Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
• Ability to seek and share knowledge
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
To submit your application, click on ‘Make an application’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.