Muhimbili National Hospital (MNH) is 1500 bed capacity Hospital located in Dar-es-Salaam-Tanzania. It is the apex referral and National hospital for Tanzania and the only Haemophilia Treatment centre for Tanzania which attends all patients with haematological conditions including Haemophilia and Sickle cell disease referred from all over the country. MNH aims to achieve the highest standard of care for people living with Haemophilia and other bleeding disorders in Tanzania.
In order to achieve this goal, the Hospital is looking for a competent and experienced person to fill the position below.
Job Title : Project Officer
Job Type : Three years’ contract
Reports to : Medical Advisory Lead for Tanzania
Salary : Negotiable
- The Project Officer will provide technical assistance to ensure that MNH Project goals and objectives are achieved.
- The Project Officer will assist with planning, coordination, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the project, acting as an administrative liaison with the external project partner, NNHF, to ensure timely and quality achievements of projects outputs, results and objectives.
- Assists with the creation of the Annual Work Plans(AWPs) and schedules for the project and its components for the approval of the MNH.
- Assists with the enforcement of the overall budget for the project as well as for project components and conducts budget reviews and analysis in conjunction with the MNH.
- Assists the MNH with the development and implementation of a framework for each health facility to calculate their Level of Effort (LOE) contributed to the project.
- Develops Requests for Proposals (RFPs) in keeping with the MNH and NNHF procurement policy for the approval of MNH.
- Prepares regular reports to assist MNH to track the progress of project components to ensure schedules and deadlines are being met.
- Performs any other related duties that may be assigned to him/her from time to time.
Academic Qualification: Degree in Project Management, Monitoring and Evaluation, Business Administration, Bachelor of commerce, or a related field. Masters degree is an added advantage.
Experience Level: At least three (3) years’ experience providing support to medium and large scale projects.
- Dynamic professional with experience in project planning, coordination, monitoring and evaluation of medium to large projects.
- Strong project management and reporting skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams and stakeholder groups, nationally and regionally.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Health Sector Administration.
- Knowledge and understanding of the region and regional organizations (including, NCD Alliance)
- Knowledge and understanding of Performance Management Frameworks(PMFs).
- Good understanding of Results Based Management (RBM).
- Good working knowledge of internationally accepted rules governing procurement of goods and services.
- Proficient in the use of different project management software and the Microsoft Office Suite.
- A relevant Project Management qualification such as Project Management Professional (PMP) certification and experience.
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Applicants must send application letter attached with certified copies of academic certificates and up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) with three referees with reliable contacts, postal address, e-mail, and mobile numbers to either of the following address:
Muhimbili National Hospital,
Dar es salaam.
Application Deadlines: 5th October, 2020