Kiliwater Company Limited is a non-profit Public Organization under Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Agency (RUWASA) which is full autonomous Water Utility responsible for the provision of basic demand of adequate clean and safe drinking water and improvement of hygienic situation in Rombo District. Kiliwater Company Limited is looking for dynamic, results driven individual to fill in the vacant posts:
Position: Operation and Maintenance Engineer (1 Post)
Purpose of the Job
This is a Managerial position in which the position holder will be responsible with the entire managerial aspects of Operations and Maintenance of the entire water supply networks, community hygienic proportion and sound environmental affairs.
Main duties and Responsibility
- The head of section responsible for departmental administrative issues on day to day basis,
- Responsible for Operation and Maintenance of water network infrastructures,
- Recommending new or amendment of polices, regulations and by-laws to the Manager of the Company for:
- The control of water quality by developing procedures for water quality monitoring and ensure co-coordination sampling of raw water and chlorinated water supplies to ensure compliance with the prescribed standards of drinking water,
- The operations and maintenance of all water sources (Boreholes/springs/rivers) and water treatment (chlorination) works and water network ,
- Operations and maintenance of all Vehicles, machines, plants and equipment used in running water supply networks,
- Prepares Operation and Maintenance manuals for water network infrastructures.
- Responsible for ensuring water supply and good hygienic practice according to Company’s agreed performance and public health standards,
- Carries out routine and preventive maintenance of water borehole pumps.
- Responsible to ensure maximum safety measures are observed for sub ordinates during water production processes.
- Responsible to carry out maintenance and rehabilitation of water network infrastructures.
- Responsible to Maintains proper records of water network inventory and monitors all factors affecting the network.
- Liaises with Customer Service Section in handling customer complaints related to water sup ply.
- Carries out new water connections so as to increase the customer base.
- Carries out studies on Non-Revenue Water and recommends the corrective measures on its reduction.
- Keeps records of daily major and minor breakdowns of water distribution system and cause for prompt repair of the same.
- Performs other related duties as may be assigned by Technical Manager.
Minimum Job Requirements
- First degree in Engineering in any of the following fields; Civil, Mechanical, Environmental or any Water Related Discipline, with experience in (Having Master Degree in water resources Management is an added advantage),
- Should have more than three (3) years of relevant working experience in water utility and capable in design and construction of water supply systems,
- Should be registered with Professional Engineering Board as Professional Engineer,
- Proven computer knowledge and skills,
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Pro-active and team player
- Demonstrated good leadership qualities,
- Ability to work well in team work and under pressure
- High level of initiative, creativity and integrity
The applicant should be below 45 years when lodging this application
Nature of Employment
Five years (5) renewable depending on the performance
This position attracts competitive salary plus other fringe benefits
Mode of Application
A written application along with Curriculum Vitae to include reliable contacts (emails and day time working telephone), applicant’s recent passport size and copies of all relevant certificates, transcripts and testimonies, names and addresses of at least three (3) reputable referees to reach the undersigned by 15th October, 2020 before 15:30 hours Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
The deadline for submitting the application is October 15, 2020